This past week I had the incredible privilege to spend 4 days in Greenwood, Mississippi… a town I had never heard of, and a state I had not visited! This invitation was extended from HADCO, a respected Distributor in Suwanee, Georgia. They are the exclusive distributor of Viking Appliances for the Southeast.
The trip was a total of 14 designers from different areas of the Southeast, each with a diverse business model and experience – so the networking was an added bonus for all. Numerous segments included in the 4 day trip included: training in the classroom, cooking in the demonstration kitchen, touring the cooking & refrigerator plants, cooking at the Viking Cooking School, touring the administration & design offices and a little fun history adventurous in the quaint town of Greenwood!
From the start it was apparent that we were going to be spoiled 🙂 Our day started and ended at The Alluvian – a beautiful boutique hotel built by the Founder/Owner of Viking. The speakers, instructors and most importantly the story behind it all were enlightening and entertaining! What surprised me the most was learning that Viking is only a 18 year old company! The founder, Fred Carl Jr., had a vision to bring commercial appliances into the average home ..per his wife’s desire! It is clear that Fred is a man of great vision and honor. Being a native of the small Mississippi Delta town, Greenwood, he chose his hometown Viking manufacturing. Many said it would be impossible, but Fred would have it no other way. He wished to give back to the community in which was home… his life.
Now 18 years later Viking is one of the most recognized brands in the nation. They distribute to 80 different countries and employ over 1,400 people right in Greenwood, Mississippi! Click HERE for the full Viking Story – you too will be amazed at the history!
So what did I learn besides Viking is one of the most admirable companies that manufacturers right here in the U.S. ? I honestly was intrigued beyond my expectations during the product training. Here are a just few various highlights that left a lasting impression on my views of Viking.
- Viking refrigeration has 2 year FULL warranty that is extended to 3 years if installed by a certified installer! Thereafter it has 6 years coverage on any sealed component AND the ice maker! It does not stop there – the sealed components are extended to 12 years.
- The outdoor grills are equipped with a TruSear™ burner that has 30,000 BTUs of searing infrared power! You can caramelize the outside of food and lock in natural flavors and juices like a professional!
- Induction cooking has more benefits than just the infinite speed control and speed, the clean up is the easiest of all cooking equipment! Since the heating process is only created via magnetic methods, the heat only occurs between the pan and the surface/element. So spill overs or splashes do not get baked on, eliminating the need for tedious cleaning methods.
- The Steam Oven requires no rough-in plumbing, making the possibilities of design/location and installation simple. This unit is one of the most unique cooking equipment I have ever seen. Whether you are looking to bake bread or steam your vegetables, you can be assured you are choosing the healthiest form of cooking!
- The new dishwashers have an Exclusive five stage filtration & food waste removal system. What this means that food particles are non-existent! Additionally it has a 1/2 horsepower motor!
- The convection ovens has the largest fan blade with Vari-Speed Dual Flow™ convection system. The 2 speed system capable of turning the fan in both directions, giving even heat throughout the oven no matter how much food or which racks you use. Also take the time to compare the oven size to their competition. The 27″ oven is as large as a typical 30″!
- The High Speed Convection Oven combines high-powered convection cooking with microwaves, cooking up to 80 % faster than conventional ovens! The fan runs air through at 44 MPH !
- The 48″ and 60″ Pro Ranges have 2 ovens, but did you know the smaller second oven has all the same technology? It has the same great convection technology and has a proof mode!
- The in-line ventilator system has an accessory called a Duct Silencer. It is unbelievable how quiet a venthood becomes, even at the highest speed! FYI: Most people think by using a remote blower makes a Vent Hood quieter, this is false. The actual noise created is from the movement of air, not the motor of the unit. The duct silencer is the first time this can truly be minimized!
Viking has more to offer than what meets the eye. True quality and innovative technology. Check out their full line of products including counter top appliances at: www.vikingrange.com And my sincerist thanks to the Viking and HADCO team, along with the 13 other designers, for an incredble fun and educational trip!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! You may also contact HADCO in Suwanee, GA, for more information on where to buy – or to visit their showroom of Viking! 770-932-7282