- Counter space overall was generous; the practicality and function were failing.
- The dated oak cabinetry was replaced with a soft white painted finish, putting the cabinetry on a beautiful stage to the newly finished oak floors.
- The original peninsula constricted traffic flow from the family room, and the sink was in an unsightly location at the transition from room to room.
- The dark navy blue island is a stunning contrast that ties colors to the family room, vastly improving the overall flow between the rooms.
- The 45” galley sink enhanced the functionality of preparing and serving meals.
- A recessed toe kick on three sides of the island coupled with valued storage space is the perfect complement for additional helpers in the kitchen.
- The improved spaces and flow overcame the challenge of preparing and working to feed 5-8 people.
- The relocated cooktop provides better ventilation and storage for necessary pots, pans, and utensils.
- The cast stone hood is accented with brass to further complement the beautiful touches on the island pendants and nook chandelier, likewise with the cabinet hardware.
- The gray stone herringbone backsplash is a warm backdrop that enhances the colors in the quartz countertops.
- A separate zone was created adjacent to the refrigerator for microwave tasks and filtered water w/sink and hidden storage at countertop level for a blender and mini Keurig.
- Due to the narrow width of the room, the added shallow pantries provided easy access to everyday canned goods, cereals, etc.
- A steam oven, one of the most valued appliances by the homeowner for reheats and healthy cooking, is conveniently located near the refrigerator.
- Panels were chosen on the refrigerator to minimize its appearance and weight. A full-height column provides ample storage with a full-size freezer tucked around the corner in the hallway.
- There is an abundance of internal accessories used for storage. For example, the utensil dividers, lid dividers, cutlery & knife inserts, and pull-out trash/recycle bins that keep the tools and dishes.
Products not shown in photos:
Nook chandelier: Generation Lighting 3124609-848, Satin Brass
Water Filtration/Heater: InSinkerator HWTF-1000S
Dishwasher: 24” Bosch SHPM88Z75N