buford kitchen remodel storyline take 1
Who doesn’t love a good story? Learn, follow, and play along as this kitchen remodel near the Mall of Georgia reveals itself through design, budgeting, specification and construction!
- PROJECT TYPE: Kitchen remodel
- BUDGET: $30-50k
- HOME CONSTRUCTION DETAILS: Hardwood floors (20yrs old), 8′ ceilings, garage w/drywall ceiling below, electrical service panel in garage (with available slots for electrical additions)
- REQUESTED SERVICES: Full service design, specification, full remodel services, and contractor referrals.
- TIME FRAME: 2-3 months for design/specification, pricing and ordering. Begin construction thereafter.
- DESIGN OBJECTIVES:
- Stay within footprint to control costs
- Larger pantry
- New lighting in ceiling and under cabinets
- Remove stipple/textured ceiling
- Remove peninsula, replace with island
- Wall ovens to lessen the aches of working with a low oven
- Build-in microwave
- Keep oven and cooktop all gas
ABOUT THE HOMEOWNER: originally from Florida, has resided in the Greater Atlanta area for 20 years and have plans to live in this home indefinitely. Both husband and wife are retired from the police force. They do not consider themselves gourmet cooks, but most meals cooked at home (by husband). Wife enjoys baking and holiday cooking. Homeowner describes themselves as a middle of the road budget and type A personality. Husband prefers to cook and grill on his Big Green Egg.
NOTES: Homeowner met another professional that said that said they could not have over 50% of the desired objectives. During the initial consultation using planning guidelines, every objective is expected to be achieved. Homeowner was not comfortable proceeding forward with this profession because remodeling/installation estimates were suggested before a design was implemented.