Annie Sloan. Chalk Paint.
The two have been creating a great deal of buzz in the world of paint. Where you see her paint, you will find some of the most dedicated fans and clientele .. maybe as measurable as a sports fan flying across the country to see the play off game.
So what is the buzz? Why is it so special?
1. It’s the BEST paint for painting furniture by a long way
2. You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain
3. You can use it as an impasto ( thickly) – leave the lid off to thicken
4. You can use it on any surface, indoors and out ( the outside of our shop was painted in it- perfect!)
5. No need to prime or prepare
6. The colours are mixed intelligently and the web site shows how you can adapt your colours for your use
7. It’s a girls’ paint, but boys can use it too.
8. It’s flexible so you can be creative and change your mind
9. It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls
10. Extremely low VOCs so it is good for the environment
I have seen some pieces painted at a lovely store in Norcross, Georgia called The Nest. But I have yet had the personal hands on experience for this product. So I would like to direct your attention to a delightful blog post from Janet at The Empty Nest (not related!). Janet loves Annie Sloan, and it shows! Below is the transformation she gave an old, out of date china cabinet into a stylish, even hip piece of furniture! Read more about Janet’s experience and opinion of this (unmatched) chalk paint ………