One of the first questions from homeowners is what is the most asked for kitchen features that everyone is asking for. Here is a l
1. Cutlery Organizer. Recycle your old rubbermaid organizer that slides around, this cutlery divider by Rev-a-Shelf can be cut to fit your drawer, maximizing your space.
2. Microwave Drawer. Building microwaves into cabinets is a must have, but often there is limited wall space to have an additional appliance. The SHARP microwave drawer is the best solution and easy for people of all ages to use.
3. Deep Drawers. Ideal for pots, pans, tupperware, even dishes .. just about anything. This is the most asked for item of them all!
4. Double Trash. When this Rev-a-Shelf pull out trash is placed near the prep zone it becomes the most appreciated feature in a kitchen. Just simply pull half open and use a scrapper to push to edge to drop right in! Why double? Perfect place to encourage the whole family to recycle.
5. Tray Dividers. Dont stack up those trays, store them on their sides where they are easy to pull out. Roasting pans, cutting boards, muffin tins and pizza pans can also be stored here. The most popular place to design this feature is over an oven cabinet; it uses the deep cavity efficiently, yet the trays are an easy reach when stored on their sides. Wood dividers are the most popular choice as they give secure fit a variety of sized items. The second picture shows the more economical and readily available style that can easily be added to existing cabinets.
6. Chandelier over and island or peninsula. Here is your chance to add personal flair to the entire room! If it does not offer down lighting for your work space, do not forget adding recessed cans.
Kitchen designs above by Becky Sue Becker, CKD, CBD, CAPS. All rights reserved.
7. Appliance panels. While stainless steel appliances may be equally as popular, more often people are looking to dress up their kitchen. By adding matching fronts to your dishwasher and refrigerator it reduces the distraction and makes your space feel larger. SubZero refrigerator with Wolf ovens are shown.
8. Spice Storage. This Rev-a-Shelf base pull out available for both 9 and 12 inch full height door base cabinets is one of the most effective way to store spices and cooking oils.
9. Large Island. The bigger the better and one level please. Homeowners are appreciating the fact that A) two level islands really hide nothing at all, since guests are often in the kitchen with them and B) one level islands give you larger work surfaces! Details like turned legs, applied furniture baseboard and open shelves further enhance and personalize the style.
10. Wood Counter Tops. No need for small cutting boards with an entire island surface! Shown below is a 2" thick White Oak counter top with a mineral oil finish. The only time you will need a separate board is for poultry or fish. Did you know wood has been tested to be safer than plastics? Read more WOOD WORKS !